2017 Kindle Book Awards
2017 Kindle Book Awards
We’re Celebrating Our 6th Annual Kindle Book Awards!
Each Category Winner Will Walk Away With $945 in Cash & Prizes.
2017 Kindle Book Award Details:
IMPORTANT: PROCESS–HOW YOU WILL BE JUDGED:
- Books will be pre-screened by KBR staff and our amazing review team. We will initially read the “Look Inside” sample (90% of your score) and Amazon book description (10% of score). We’re looking for books with a compelling book description, but more importantly, books that “grab us from the beginning” and make us want to continue reading. The screening process is an indication of your potential buyers experience with your book, as subjective as that is. Book covers will only be judged to settle a tie.
- Your sample is enough for us to get a feel for the quality of writing and professionalism, and to get us excited about your book. Your book description should be compelling with zero typos. We recommend that you fix any typos on your book page and book file before submitting. We WILL NOT accept updated files after it is already submitted.
- If your book passes “pre-screening” it will become a “Semifinalists” (20 max per category) and one of our top reviewers who love your genre will read the manuscript in its entirety.
- NOTE: Advertising on our site will NOT help you win. Our reviewers/judging team care nothing about ads. They only care about finding the best Kindle books. That’s our quest, our passion. Of course, as always, literature is subjective and we hope you understand that.
CATEGORIES: The following genres & sub-genres are welcome (Min 25K words)
- Literary Fiction
AWARDS: Seven Winners will receive $340 cash & $605 in free promotion each.
- $340 Cash to Each Category Winner [Compliments of The Kindle Book Review ($200), Digital Book Today, ($100)], AuthorXP.com ($40).
- $200 in Free Promotion from The Kindle Book Review.
- $200 Giveaway compliments of The Kindle Book Review (Group promo for winners only. Date: Nov. 1, 2017. Similar to our Monthly Reader Giveaways. Only 7 authors. Great Exposure!)
- $120 in Free Promotion from Digital Book Today (DBT selects dates and promos).
- $85 Free Promotion from AuthorXP.com (AXP selects dates and promos)
- All Semi-finalsts, Top-5 Finalists, and 7 Winners will receive a Contest Badge.
HOW MANY BOOKS CAN I SUBMIT?: Authors can submit up to 2 titles max.
IMPORTANT DATES (Mark on your Calendar & watch your email/spam):
- Submissions Accepted starting: Feb. 1, 2017
- End Submissions: May 1, 2017
- Announce Category Semi-finalists: Sept 1, 2017
- Announce Top-5 Category Finalists: Oct. 1, 2017
- Announce 7 Winners: Nov. 1, 2017
LANGUAGE: All books must be written in the English language.
HOW CAN YOU HELP? GLAD YOU ASKED!
RULES & CONDITIONS:
WHAT NOT TO DO: 1. Do not email us and inquire about your status/results. We will not respond to inquiries. If you are having trouble loading your kindle file see notes above regarding formatting.
2. Do not send doc files, jpg, pdf or unformatted Kindle files (unless specifically requested by The Kindle Book Review). 3. Do not worry if your Kindle file does not load. If you pass the initial screening and make it into the “Semifinals” we will contact you if there is a problem with your file. Initial screening is based on YOUR Amazon sample, and book page–this contest is initially judged on the “reader’s” experience (see above for details), so we are more concerned about the sample the reader reads while visiting your Amazon book page. Only top-20 category semifinalists will get a full reading.
If you are not on our author mailing list, you can subscribe here. Please share this with your author friends and/or fellow reviewers. Then, confirm your subscription and check your email/spam for future notifications and confirmations.