2020 Kindle Book Awards
Enter the 2020 Kindle Book Awards
The 2020 Kindle Book Awards are Sponsored by…
Celebrating Our 9th Annual Kindle Book Awards!
Each Category Winner Will Walk Away With $750 in Cash & Prizes.
2020 Kindle Book Awards (Details):
**See our Recommendation by ALLi (The Alliance of Independent Authors). There’s so many awards out there, we’re so glad there’s a watchdog keeping track of the scams.
IMPORTANT: PROCESS–HOW YOU WILL BE JUDGED:
- All 2020 Kindle Book Awards submissions will be pre-screened by KBR staff and our amazing review team. We will initially read the “Look Inside” sample (90% of your phase 1 screening score) and Amazon book description (10% of score). We’re looking for books with a compelling book description, but more importantly, books that “grab us from the beginning” and make us want to continue reading. The screening process is an indication of your potential buyers experience with your book, as subjective as that is. Book covers will only be judged to settle a tie, with the exception of those who enter the “Book Cover Awards”.
- Your sample is enough for us to get a feel for the quality of writing and professionalism, and to get us excited about your book. Your book description should be compelling with zero typos. We recommend that you fix any typos on your book page and book file before submitting. We WILL NOT accept updated files after it is already submitted.
- If your book passes the “screening” process it will become a “Semifinalists” (20 max per category) and one of our top reviewers who love your genre will read the manuscript in its entirety.
- NOTE: Advertising on our site will NOT help you win. Our reviewers/judging team care nothing about ads. They only care about finding the best Kindle books. That’s our quest, our passion. Of course, as always, literature is subjective and we hope you understand that.
CATEGORIES: The following genres & sub-genres are welcome (Min 25K words)
- Literary Fiction
- Reader’s Choice Award
- Book Cover Award (Promotional Award Only)
AWARDS: Eight Winners will receive $750 in cash & prizes ($6,000 Awarded).
- $250 Cash to Each Category Winner [Compliments of The Kindle Book Review ($250).
- $200 in group promotion from The Kindle Book Review (As determined by The KBR).
- $200 Reader Giveaway compliments of The Kindle Book Review (Group promo for winners only. Date decided by The Kindle Book Review. Similar to our monthly Reader Giveaways. Great exposure!)
- $100 in group promotion from Digital Book Today (DBT selects dates and promos).
- Priceless: All Semi-finalsts, Top-5 Finalists, and all 10 Winners will receive a Contest Badge. The Book Cover Award Winner receives a Winner’s badge, promotional awards, and bragging rights (*No cash prize to Book Cover Award Winner, and no semi-finalists or finalists in this category).
HOW MANY BOOKS CAN I SUBMIT?: Authors can submit up to 2 titles max.
IMPORTANT DATES (Mark on your Calendar & watch your email/spam):
- Submissions Accepted starting: Feb. 1, 2020
- End Submissions: May 1, 2020
- Announce Category Semi-finalists: Sept. 1, 2020
- Announce Top-5 Category Finalists: Oct. 1, 2020
- Announce 10 Winners: Nov. 1, 2020
LANGUAGE: All books must be written in the English language.
HOW CAN YOU HELP? GLAD YOU ASKED!
RULES & CONDITIONS:
WHAT NOT TO DO: 1. Do not email us or inquire about your status/results. We will not respond to inquiries. If you are having trouble loading your kindle file see notes above regarding formatting. Mark Your Calendar so you know when to check our site for results.
2. Do not send doc files, jpg, pdf or unformatted Kindle files (unless specifically requested by The Kindle Book Review). 3. Do not worry if your Kindle file does not load. If you pass the initial screening and make it into the “Semifinals” we will contact you if there is a problem with your file. Initial screening is based on YOUR Amazon sample, and book page–this contest is initially judged on the “reader’s” experience (see above for details), so we are more concerned about the sample the reader reads while visiting your Amazon book page. Only top-20 category semifinalists will get a full reading.
If you are not on our author mailing list, you can subscribe here. Please share The 2020 Kindle Book Awards with your author friends and/or fellow reviewers. Then, confirm your subscription and check your email/spam for future notifications and confirmations.
It All Started in 2012….
Wool. Our First Kindle Book Award Winner! Read Hugh’s Story here.
Thanks for visiting the 2020 Kindle Book Awards official page. Best of luck, from our staff & reviewers!